Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Faith In My Redeemer 

But as for me (Job), I know that my Redeemer lives, and that He will stand upon the earth at last.   And I know that after this body has decayed, this body shall see God!  Then He (God) will be on my side! Yes, I shall see Him, not as a stranger, but as a friend! What a glorious hope!  Job 19:25-27 (TLB). 

Job was a very wealthy and upright man who loved God.  Yet, God allowed Satan to destroy his family, his wealth, and his health through no fault of Job.  Nevertheless, Job refused to give up on God.  Job continued to trust God no matter what happened around him.  Job's friends and wife accused and abandoned him, but Job had faith that God would care for him.
 
At the heart of the book of Job comes Job’s overwhelming affirmation of faith and confidence:  "I know that my Redeemer lives." Job expressed tremendous faith in God as His Redeemer who would take care of him.  Even faced with death and disaster, Job still looked and depended on God.  Job’s faith in God was so strong that he became one of the first people in the Bible to affirm the resurrection of the body (see also Psalm 16:10; Isaiah 26:19; Daniel 12:2, 13; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58). Job was confident that God's justice, love and care would triumph, even at the point of death (Psalm 27:10). 

In the end, God fully restored Job’s family, possessions and health and he received even greater blessings than he had before (Job 42:1-17).  Job humbly and confidently affirmed that God is his Redeemer (and Restorer).  Job is an example of faith and trust in God that all people should imitate (James 5:11).  We must trust God even when life makes no sense. As the book of Job teaches, those who trust in God will be rewarded.  Both the Old Testament and the New Testament state that God and God living within Jesus Christ is our Redeemer (Exodus 6:6; Psalm 19:14; Psalm 103:4; Proverb 23:10-11; Isaiah 43:1; Isaiah 54:5; Ephesians 1:7, 14; Hebrews 9:12; 1 Peter 1:18). 

The Lord is my Light and the One who saves me.... The Lord protects my life...I will trust the Lord…. He will take care of me (Psalm 27).

No comments:

Post a Comment

God bless you! You are loved by God (Romans 5:5).